One from the toughest areas of wedding planning is selecting bridesmaid dresses since you wish to match your vision, however, you also wish to please everyone! While the rising interest in mismatched bridesmiad gowns has certainly made your decision-making process easier, you may still find some things to consider.
With colors, you most likely already have 2 or 3 hues you realize you’ll be utilising in the wedding, and may work after that. Length, however, is one thing brides often go back and forth on. Choosing between long and short dresses can depend around the season and placement of your wedding, the theme, the self-confidence level of the bridesmaids, as well as the height selection of all your girls.
We’ve listed the advantages of both long, chic, and classic gowns in addition to short, fun, and flirty frocks. Take a look and find out which style applies probably the most to your bridesmaids as well as your wedding!
Long Bridesmaid Dresses:
- Often viewed as the more elegant option, floor-length gowns often be a much better fit for formal weddings.
- With covered-up legs, self-conscious bridesmaids won’t need to bother about pale or scarred legs.
- Long chiffon dresses are popular choices that appear to be lovely in a setting.
- Since their shoes won’t show, bridesmaids can wear the things they feel comfortable in.
- If you realize one of the girls come in her second or third trimester, she'll probably feel much more comfortable in a longer dress.
Short Bridesmaid Dresses:
- Shorter styles are often more versatile and simpler to wear again.
- If you’re using a summer wedding outdoors, your bridesmaids will appreciate a pleasant breeze on the bare legs.
- A wider number of fabrics typically are more effective with shorter champagne bridesmaid dresses, so different styles, and options could be selected for greater personalization.
- Shoe lovers could make footwear a larger part of their outfit since they will be seen. Country-chic weddings often decide to highlight cowboy boots in this manner.
- If there’s a sizable disparity within the height of the 'maids, short dresses might be more flattering. Petite women may go through they drown inside a long gown, while statuesque bridesmaids might not be able to order extra length in each and every style.
If you don’t possess a strong vision, make sure to ask your bridesmaids their opinions. After all, those are the ones who definitely are wearing the dresses, but ultimately, your decision is up to you! For inspiration, view more bridesmaid gowns within our photo galleries!